Friday, October 24, 2008

The Podcast Is Now Up  

Just a quick addendum, the first episode of our new podcast is now up on the homepage at GameCritics.com... Give it a listen and let us know what you think!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments: to “ The Podcast Is Now Up


  •  

    It's an hour long?!?! You never said anything about listening for an hour.

    Let's see: I could spend an hour listening to people *talk* about games or I could spend it *playing* games.

    Not really a hard choice. Sorry man.

    I'll wait for you to give me the Cliffs Notes version the next time I see you. :)


  •  

    That's funny, you're the first person that's said that. I think most people probably have it playing in the background as they're doing something else, or have it playing in the car as they're driving to work. Maybe you could try bits of it for 10 minutes at a time. ; )

  • Anonymous

     

    I'm usually playing games when I have a podcast on. Mostly it's games without a heavy story element (Burnout Paradise, Wario Land: Shake it), and there are even times i've wanted longer podcasts so as to extend my playtime. It also helps make grind heavy rpg's or item hunting go down much smoother.


  •  

    I'll have it to download it to the iPod and wait for a longer car-ride, otherwise I won't end up listening to it. It's just how I am. I have about 150 Rick Steves podcasts on the pod and the only time I ever listen to them is on long carrides.

  • Anonymous

     

    I like it. My favorite part of the podcast is when you guys talked about Roger Moore's criticism of Max Payne. I played Klonoa too and was also very moved by it. I also thought of Final Fantasy X as having challenging themes that not a lot of videogames and even movies approached. Other games that I found poignant are Passage, Terranigma (of SNES), Granstream Saga, Chrono Trigger, and Suikoden 2.

    Looking forward for the next episode. Keep up the good work.


  •  

    Hey thanks! = )

    If you have any ideas for future topics, just drop me a line.

  • Anonymous

     

    Actually I have some topics I can suggest, but right now the one I want to see the most is "humor in videogames". When you said that Saints Row was good because it didn't take itself too seriously, it had me thinking "what other recent games also didn't take itself too seriously?" The writing of Halo 3, Warcraft 3, and Gears of War (and I imagine a lot of others) feel so needlessly lugubrious. Humor seem to be another art oftentimes are absent in videogames. Funny because aren't videogames supposed to be fun?