Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Catherine's Nightmares, Super Powered Love, and the Cambodian Space Project  

Busy, Busy, Busy… Just a short collection of links tonight while I catch up on other things.


*

Catherine, Catherine, Catherine… Only three more weeks or so until this infamously enigmatic title hits, and personally, I couldn't be more excited. Rather than explain why, I'll simply post a link to the latest trailer and I think it will speak for itself.


Check it out, and in case you haven't already heard, there is a pretty sweet preorder package for those of you who go for such things.


*


Kirby Kirby Kirby… If you read this blog, then you probably know that I'm a big fan of nerd rockers Kirby Krackle. If you are too, then you’ll want to know that the first track from their upcoming album, Super Powered Love, is now available for listening (and purchase, if you're so inclined) right here.


Additionally, if you're in the Seattle area, KK will be putting on an entirely free concert. From the official press release:

…Mark your calendars if you're local to Seattle - on FRIDAY, JULY 15th at 8:00pm we will be doing a FREE all-ages Album Preview Concert! What does that mean? That means the band will play through the entire 13 tracks from Super Powered Love! This will be happening at The Comic Stop in Lynnwood, WA (3333 184th St. SW, Suite G, Lynnwood, WA 98037)!

I've seen Kirby Krackle play live several times, and they always put on a great show. If you're going to be in the neighborhood, don't miss it.


*

Cambodian, Cambodian, Cambodian… I can't understand a word of the lyrics, but I first heard about musical group Cambodian Space Project on NPR and I decided to look them up afterwards.


The radio story was intensely boring, but I'm glad that I didn't change the channel because there's something quite interesting about this group's music. I can't quite put my finger on it and I'm not sure that I would want to sit and straight-up listen to a CD of it, but having it on in the background while I do other things put me into a nice little groove.

Maybe it will for you too?


*

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories