Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dear Diary...  

*


Dear Diary…


Wow, what an adventure today.


Things started off innocently enough, but that just goes to show that you never know how things are going to happen.


So crazy!


Anyway, I was getting ready to go hang out at the mall when I responded to a comment someone made to me on Twitter. It was about [THE GAME THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED] and I said a few things about it, mostly that I felt many reviewers had gone too soft on the game and that such reviews were shameful.


Now Diary, you know that I use the word ‘shameful’ pretty commonly in discussions and it’s never a big deal.

Different story today, though!


I guess some people have a strong reaction to that word, and it seemed like they were really upset by it. Who knew, right? Well, I apologized and didn't mean it in the way some people took it, so I guess I'm going to have to move ‘shameful’ over to my “only when I'm super-serious" list.


My bad!


Afterwards though, I was really getting the vibe that it was wrong of me to have an opinion on reviewers or their reviews. I mean, people said I was the kind of troll that hates someone just because their favorite game didn't score 9.9736549, and I thought that was pretty strange.


I mean, everybody is a person, and people have opinions. If you hear some music on the radio that you think is awful, don't you criticize that band? If you order a sandwich at a restaurant and it's too disgusting to eat, don't you criticize the chef? I mean, you don't sit there and go, "Well, maybe the chef thinks this nasty sandwich tastes good, so who am I to say?"


Of course you don't, so why would that be any different for reviews or reviewers?


(And by the way, I know you know this already, but I never mentioned any review or reviewer specifically... it was just the whole “game reviews aren’t critical enough in general" thing. You know, the usual.)


There were even a few comments that were really kinda saying that I was trying to act like I was totally perfect and better than everybody else just because I had a strong opinion. I mean, what, is no one ever allowed to criticize anything, ever? Critics don't get to disagree or criticize other critics? Is there some sort of rule that I didn't hear about? Did I miss that day in class?


I don't know about that.


Anyway, mom's downstairs and she's yelling that dinner is ready, so I better go… I'll come back after I eat and fill you in on what I heard about Suzy Robbins in the cafeteria!!

XOXOXO

*

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ Dear Diary...