Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The updated EMP!  

*


Stuff: A friend I met via Twitter came to Seattle today, and we decided to meet up at the EMP to hang out and spend a few hours in meatspace. It was good timing since the museum had revamped quite a bit of its content since the last time I had been there. I took a few pictures...

So, as you'll be able to tell from most of these images, the high point was the new Star Wars exhibit. 




A rough Yoda model used for rehearsals. 





Amidala, of course. 





Palpatine's 'creepy guy' robe, pre-Emperorization.





The actual costumes. Not shown are diagrams that gave an idea of how the actors were strapped into these things. It looked really, really uncomfortable.





Leia's Boushh costume. I still love that mask.





I'm sure pretty much everybody in the Western world knows what this is.  





Female and male Tusken Raider costumes. I don't recall seeing the female used in the films. 





That vest is still sharp.





This picture doesn't really convey the scale of the costume, but it was frickin' huge. 





The signage said that 56 of these were made for the movies. That didn't seem like a lot to me... 





I'm sorry, I didn't mean to use the flash on my phone! It was an accid... ::GACKKK::




At this point, we transitioned into the rest of the museum. The Sci-Fi part on the bottom floor has been totally redesigned, and almost all of the displays were new.





The T-800 endoskeleton.





The shuttle that Ripley escapes in from the first Alien film. 





Sarris from Galaxy Quest.





One of the smaller bugs from Starship Troopers





They had a whole wall of firearms taken from various TV shows and films.





One of the O-O-O-O-G Dungeons & Dragons materials from the early '70s.





What, you thought I'd finish without an appearance from Boba Fett? 
COME ON. 



Overall, it was a great day and Even though we were there for several hours, I felt like we breezed through it pretty quickly without absorbing as much as we wanted to. I'm definitely going to head back on the next rainy day and spend a few more hours...


*

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ The updated EMP!