Monday, March 8, 2021

Heyo, it's time again for my annual check-in here at Coffeecola! And to be entirely on brand, it's a few months late!


= D


If you're reading this, then I would guess that it's pretty likely you're following me on other, more frequently-updated platforms?

If not, here's a quick rundown...


GameCritics.com. Still the editor there and still loving it.  It'd be great to find an assistant editor -- anybody out there?? -- but no complaints, really. We've got a load of great new writers, the old guard are still around and the games are flowing. 

So Videogames. The pod has been around for more than three years and 200 episodes at this point, and I'm pretty proud of that. Still recording with Carlos Rodela.

Twitter Yup.

Instagram Yup.


I'm still playing games, but despite being at home 99% of the time due to COVID, there's always WAY more to play than there is time to play. If something doesn't grab me in the first 20 minutes these days, I bounce out, and even with that crazy cutoff there are still a thousand things that slip past me. 

Otherwise, I'm incredibly glad that we dodged a bullet by the slimmest of margins when Biden was elected, but there are still a ton of serious challenges facing the country and I'm not sure that we're doing enough, quickly enough. And of course, we need to prepare ourselves for constant conservative interference every damn day for the next four years and there is no doubt going to be a hellish Republican comeback in 2024.

Oh hey, ecological collapse, anyone? 

And like... COVID. 

It's incredible how much life has changed in such a short period of time.  It's not even been a full year  since the virus made itself known but everything's transitioned to remote, I only get my groceries curbside, and I haven't been to a restaurant since February, 2020. 

Gotta be honest, it looks like things won't be acceptably safe until 2022, and the idea of staying at home for another year is like... yeah. Roughest on my son tho, t be totally honest. it's funny that people were flipping out at the idea of being indoors for three months when the virus popped up, and because we politicized it and half the country still isn't taking it seriously, we're still dealing with it. 

....And I think that's about it? If you're reading this, you are one of the true believers and most likely a longtime reader/listener... So thanks for being cool like that. 

See ya next year-ish, but in the meantime, don't be a stranger! hit me up on social media, come to GC and catch me on the podcast. 

Cheers!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “


  •  

    Many players now start to buy Madden 21 Coins in GameMS to make up for the lack of Madden 21 Coins.


  •  

    Okay Brad, I know why you don't want to deal with me anymore. I was a pain, I admit. I tried to apologize, and you had every right to block me. But I don't think I want to deal with you anymore either. You've become an incredibly hateful asshole. I don't know if it's just the last few years that warped you like so many others, or if that's the person you always were and you just let the mask slip.

  • Anonymous

     

    تبحث المطاعم وشركات التعبئة والتغليف عن مصنع زجاجات كاتشب بلاستيك pet حيث تتميز مادة البولي ايثيلين بكونها تحافظ علي المواد الغذائية، لانها مقاومه للضوء والحرارة مما يمنع حدوث اي تفاعل بين العبوه والكاتشب ، وتقدم شركة بلاستك هوم اسعار تنافسيه للعبوات البلاستيكيه باشكال واحجام مختلف.