Saturday, July 4, 2009

Critiques and Steambots  

.
.
It feels like a million years since I've been in my regular groove (and I'm not quite back just yet) but things are partially normalizing—at the very least, I'm in front of my computer and not passed out in bed, so that's something. At this point I'm quite all right with small steps.
.
.
.
Writing: Got my pre-conference critiques back for Speaking in Forked Tongues, and the feedback was pretty good. The only thing that I had a hard time digesting was that one of the reviewers said that my pacing was “breathless, but uneventful.”
.
Honestly, I'm not even sure what that means.
.

.
It moved quickly and kept her glued, but… nothing happened? If nothing happened, then how could it really be ‘breathless’? I mean, I sort of associate that word with being a fairly positive, fast-paced thing, so maybe this person means it a different way than I take it? Not sure, and since the critiques are anonymous, I can’t go back and ask for clarification.
.
That particular issue aside, I really can't complain about the rest of the comments. They all seem in line with what I was hoping for, and that's definitely a good thing.
.
.
.
Games: I’ve barely had time to play anything between work and the in-laws, but I finally completed Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament on PSP, and it's one of those games that really should be a hell of a lot better than it is. I mean, nearly every aspect of it made me say ‘wow, this is cool, BUT…’ and those buts ended up being pretty significant.
.

.
I wanted to like it a lot more than I did and it was so close to being worthy and that it was painful, but I'm afraid to say that the review won't be very positive. I haven’t started writing it yet, but I've got a feeling it will be a quick one.
.
In the meantime, I've got to get back to Magic and Garou: Mark of the Wolves on Live, in addition to Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood on PS3 before the next round of must-reviews comes in.
.
Need a few more hours in the day, please.
.
.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Critiques and Steambots