Thursday, September 25, 2008

Back in action... sort of.  

So some readers may have noticed that I haven't been sticking to my usual every-other-day posting over the last week... The wife and I actually just got back from a short visit with my son in Hawaii, and taking a trip just about anywhere does a good job of throwing me off the routine which I find so conducive to being productive.

Anyway, we had exactly no downtime between when the plane landed and when we had to be at work, so we're both a little burned-out right now. But, I figured I should get something up in the meantime so that my Sitemeter report next week doesn't read zero.

Just a couple quick things before I succumb to my bed's irresistible call:


Games: GameCritics.com's Dale Weir scored a twofer with some good news bits this week.

The first, a nicely done short video taken from Gaygamer.net about hate during online play... it's worth a watch here.


Yes you can, Jack. Yes, you can.


The second is a short piece about Jack Thompson being disbarred. To this, all I can say is -- Amen. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving scumbag.

Misc: Finally, I just had to say a little something about the ridiculous requirements airlines put on their passengers during takeoff and landing:

Has there EVER been a documented case that's shown an iPod or a DS has any effect whatsoever on a commercial jetliner's safety? Is there any reason AT ALL that the windowshades have to be up in order for the plane to function properly? It's not like the pilot actually needs to see out those windows, or that someone's game of Pokemon is going to disrupt the air traffic control systems. Stupid, pointless rules like these are just total annoyances in an experience that's already annoying enough.

Argh.



See? Games and planes CAN get along.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Back in action... sort of.

  • Anonymous

     

    Not sure if it's your thing (podcasts), but I just got through listening to a fascinating interview at Gamasutra with Shawn Elliott. The whole show clocks in around an hour and a half, and they specifically talk about their thoughts on the review process at one point. Definately worth a listen to for those interested in the subject.


  •  

    Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out.