Saturday, November 8, 2008

An Apology...  

.

Games: ...for the throwaway post last night, but I was just way too tired to do anything more substantial. Sort of the same situation tonight, but I felt a little weak for copping out so I figured I could at least say a few more words on it.

.
Anyway, the only thing on my plate right now is (again) Fallout 3.
.
.
.


.

.

.
At this point, I think I'm somewhere in the 35-hour range and unfortunately, Bethesda put the cap for leveling up at 20. I hit that tonight, and I've still got more than half of the main storyline to go... evidently, players can't earn any more bonuses or perks from any experience gained past this point which makes me a very sad, sad player.

.

I mean, I get that part of the reason for this is to prevent players from creating characters who are maxed out in every single stat and possess every skill, but I've got to be honest in saying that it's a little disheartening to know that I'm going to be putting in (what I assume) will be at least another 5 to 10 hours and all the experience earned by clearing the land of raiders and giant radscorpions isn't going to really serve any purpose, even though there are still a few more minor abilities that I'd like to have (and wouldn't mind working towards.)

.

.

.



.

.

.

In discussing future download add-ons to Fallout 3, Bethesda has stated that there is definitely something in the pipe, and that it may appear as soon as December. That sounds good to me, but when it arrives it would be a pretty great thing if the game accounted for all of the experience that went to waste and gave players some credit in the new mission packs retroactively.

.

Fingers crossed!
.
.
.
[edit] I actually just noticed that the game displays a numeric representation of "level 21" after you hit 20, even though there are no additional EXP points warded or Perks gained... maybe I'll get my wish after all?
.
.
.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ An Apology...