Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday Night Sickness  

The wife and I are both down with some sort of infectious demon sickness that's taking over the sinuses in both our heads, and we didn't feel well enough to catch the #4 film in our SIFF series.

In lieu of that entry, here's some random junk to help you kill a few minutes.



From Bill Harris' blog, Dubious Quality, two excellent links:


The 7 Commandments All Videogames Should Obey (completely true and patently hilarious.)

and

Birdmen and the Casual Fallacy (so sharp in most aspects, I wish I'd written it.)



At GameCritics, the saga of my torturous ordeal with getting a brand new HD TV repaired can be read in its entirety on the boards. If you've ever considered buying anything of significant value at Best Buy... DON'T. Check out the link for more details.


Otherwise, there's not much to report. I've been drinking a lot of tea and taking more naps than I usually do, chores have been piling up, haven't finished reading my latest Keene, haven't touched my stack of comics, haven't written even a single word in Behind Infernal Eyes or my upcoming short story Love Means Leaving Together, and I've basically come to the conclusion that being sick just flat-out sucks.

Pass the tissues, please.


What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Saturday Night Sickness


  •  

    Sorry to hear your sick, and the crap you're dealing with at Best Buy really sucks. I've never had anything but great experiences buying stuff from them and was overly impressed by their decision to give me a $50 gift card after the HD-DVD player I bought went obsolete. But I'd be pretty pissed if I was dealing with what you're going through. I guess next time, you'll be going to Fry's, eh?


  •  

    Ha, actually I did... once they said the refund wouldn't arrive for three weeks, we hopped in the car and got a Toshiba at Fry's... I wasn't about to sit around and wait with my son arriving and him looking forward to playing games with us. I guess I'll use the refund (given as a credit, of course.. blah) on games,DVDs or some other non-big-ticket items. Fry's warranty is way better than Best Buy's, BTW. shoulda went there first. = P